1. Definition of cookie
Cookies are files that are downloaded to your computer to access most websites. They allow a web page, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their team (site preferences, profile information, etc.) and, depending on the information they contain and the way they in which you use your equipment, you can use them to recognize the user.
The cookies can be own or from third parties. Own are those established by the domain of the same website, while those of third parties come from other external sources, such as advertisements, images, etc. inserted in the pages.
For certain functions of the post www.starg.es it is necessary to have cookies enabled.
2. What information is stored in a cookie?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about the user, but save technical data, browsing preferences, personalization of content, etc. The web server does not associate you as a person, but in your browser.
3. Classification of cookies
We can classify cookies according to different criteria. According to the period in which they remain active:
- Session: These are temporary cookies that are created when the user visits the website and expire when it ends the session, so they are not registered on the computer.
- Persistent: they are stored on the computer beyond the browsing session. They allow websites to remember user preferences and settings when the user accesses again. They remain active for a set time, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
According to the entity that manages them:
- Own: are those established by the domain of the website that is being visited and are essential for its operation.
- From third parties: they come from other external sources, such as advertisements, images, etc. inserted in the pages. They have statistical purposes.According to its purpose:
According to its purpose:
- Techniques: they are the most elementary and allow, among other things, to know if a human or an automated application is navigating, if an anonymous or registered user navigates, etc. These are basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic web.
- Analysis: they collect information about the type of navigation that is being carried out, the sections that are visited the most, the products consulted, the time zone of use, the language, etc. Its purpose is to introduce improvements based on the analysis of navigation behaviors.
- Advertising: they allow the management of advertising in the spaces that have been enabled in the web pages, depending on the user’s browsing, their country of origin, the language, etc.
4. What are the cookies used in this site?
The website www.starg.es uses the following types of cookies for its proper functioning or for statistical and / or advertising purposes: